Antiox: natural antioxidant supplement for free radical damage
Antiox is an antioxidant supplement in pearls based on vitamins, minerals and plant extracts. Its antioxidant action is useful for preventing cellular aging and counteracting the damage caused by free radicals. It protects cells from oxidation due to pollution, UV rays, stress, alcohol consumption, smoking, pesticides, intense physical activity and an unbalanced diet. Antiox is an excellent adjuvant for:
- CONTRASTING CELLULAR AGING
- PROTECTING THE BODY FROM FREE RADICALS
- INTENSE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
- HEALTH AND BEAUTY OF THE SKIN
- SUPPORT THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
- FRENETIC LIFESTYLE
Deepening on Free Radicals
What is a free radical
Free radicals are highly unstable and reactive molecules. They are produced by cells during normal physiological processes such as aerobic respiration, enzymatic processes and immune reactions, but they can also derive from metabolic by-products linked to external factors such as pollution, radiation and UV rays.
From a chemical point of view, radicals are molecules that have lost an electron: they try to reach a more stable state by coupling with other molecules, "stealing" their hydrogen atoms and oxidizing them, thus damaging everything they come into contact with: DNA, membranes plasma, lipids and proteins.
Action of free radicals on health
The action of the free radical affects the health of the whole organism: they accelerate the aging processes, depress the immune system, favor the degeneration of joints and bone tissue and induce the oxidation of cholesterol (which thickens and can accumulate in the blood vessels increasing cardiovascular risk); they are responsible for the degradation of the cellular structure and can even damage DNA favoring the onset of numerous pathologies and cancers. The so-called "Oxidative Stress" is a pathological condition caused by the alteration of the balance between the formation and elimination of oxidizing species, physiologically produced by our body.
Factors that increase oxidative stress
- Exposure to solar raysi: especially without sunscreen; UV radiation causes direct DNA damage as well as accelerating skin aging, causing wrinkles and blemishes.
- Cigarette smoke: smoking is a strongly oxidizing activity; just think that smoking 1 cigarette consumes 35mg of vitamin C.
- Alcohol abuse: the consumption of alcoholic beverages and spirits increases oxidative stress.
- Exposure to toxic chemicals and heavy metals: anyone who lives or works in contact with industrial chemicals, benzene and heavy metals must pay particular attention.
- Intense physical activity: a high intensity sports-aerobic activity stimulates the endogenous production of reactive oxygen species. Moderate and regular exercise, on the other hand, leads to an increase in endogenous antioxidants, capable of neutralizing free radicals.
- Exposure to ionizing radiation: diagnostic investigations such as CT scan or radiographs intensify the oxidation phenomena.
- Unbalanced diet, low in fruit and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables contain high quantities of antioxidants that help the body neutralize free radicals. It is important to consume large quantities of vegetables and fruit as long as they are always in season, fresh and organic.
- Chronic metabolic disorders: diabetes, overweight, obesity ed hypertension generate oxidative stress and tissue inflammation. In the course of inflammatory processes, macrophages and granulocytes produce numerous substances, including ROS oxidizing agents.
- Stress and busy life: stress can raise the levels of radical molecules inducing oxidative stress.
- Medicines and antibioticsLong-term use of antibiotics or medications including birth control pills and hormone replacement therapy generate oxidative stress
Role of antioxidant supplements
Antioxidants inhibit the oxidation of other molecules by reducing, neutralizing and removing free radicals, preventing their formation and thus contributing to repair oxidative damage that they bring to the whole organism. For this they are also defined scavengers, molecular scavengers. Numerous studies confirm the correlation between the most common pathologies of our time and the lack of antioxidants.
A prolonged deficiency can result the onset of ocular degeneration, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease, cognitive problems, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, infertility, respiratory system disorders, arthritis and skin diseases. A correct diet, adequate to the needs of the individual, could be sufficient to inactivate the radical species; in reality, however, the food intake is often inadequate.
Features of Antiox
Borage Oil, Magnesium Oxide, L-Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Glycerol Monostearate, Betacarotene, Soy Lecithin, Calcium Pantothenate (Vit. B5), Colloidal Silicon, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vit. B6), Riboflavin (Vit. B2 ), Sodium Selenite. External coating: food gelatin; Resistance agent: glycerol; Dyes: Brown iron oxide, red iron oxide, black iron oxide. Contains soy and derivatives.
Indications for use
Take 1 pearl a day of Antiox with water before breakfast or before lunch.
For beneficial purposes, it is possible to associate the antioxidant supplement with products that can support and facilitate its action. For the following specific cases, we recommend reading the pages relating to linked products:
- ALLERGIES: Lapacho, Aloe Vera + C, Ferments, Omega 3, glycerine macerate of Ribes Nigrum, Vitamin C
- ARTHROSIS, ARTHRITIS, JOINT DEFORMATIONS: Omega 3, glycerine macerate of Ampelopsis, Dolor, Renal, Lapacho
- SKIN BEAUTY: Borage Pearls, Ferments, Diges, Burdock mother tincture. External use: Amaelle products
- CONVALESCENCE, TIREDNESS: Ferments, Vitamin C, Energy, Active, Detox
- SIGHT DEFECTS: Neuro +, Blueberry mother tincture, Vitamin C
- SOLAR Erythema: Borage Pearls, Wheat Germ Pearls, Integra 100% RDA
- NEUROPATHIES: Neuro +, Energy, Pearls of Borage, Detox, Renal
- STRESS: Relax, Magnesium citrate, glycerine macerate of Tilia Tomentosa, mother tincture of Lemon balm, Vitamin C
- PROLONGED USE OF DRUGS: Detox, Renal, Vitamin C, Ferments, Aloe Vera + C
Do not exceed recommended daily doses. Supplements are not intended as a substitute for a varied, balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Keep out of the reach of children under 3 years. Store in a cool, dark and dry place. To take Antiox during pregnancy and breastfeeding, consult your doctor.
Format: 60 pearls