Antiox, the Antioxidant supplement to counteract free radicals
New antioxidant supplement in softgels with vitamins, minerals and plant extracts, designed to prevent cellular aging and damages from free radicals. Antiox protects cells from oxidation due to pollution, UV rays, stress, alcohol consumption, smoke, pesticides, intense physical activity and unbalanced nutrition. Antiox is an excellent adjuvant to:
- SLOW DOWN CELLULAR AGING
- BLOCK THE OXIDATIVE CHAIN
- INTENSE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
- IMPROVE SKIN HEALTH AND YOUTH
- SUPPORT THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
- FRENETIC LIFESTYLE
Focus on Free Radicals
What’s a free radical?
Free radicals are highly unstable and reactive molecules. They are produced by cells during normal physiological processes such as aerobic respiration, enzymatic processes and immune reactions, but they can also derive from metabolic by-products linked to external factors such as pollution, radiation and UV rays.
From the chemical point of view, free radicals are molecules that have lost an electron: they try to reach a more stable state by coupling with other molecules, “stealing” their hydrogen atoms and oxidizing them. In this way they damage everything they come in contact with: DNA, membranes plasma, lipids and proteins.
Health and free radicals
Free radicals affect the health state of the whole body: they accelerate the aging process, depress the immune system, promote joints and bone tissue degeneration and induce the oxidation of cholesterol (which thickens and can accumulate in blood vessels increasing cardiovascular risk).
Radicals are responsible for the degradation of cellular structures and can even damage DNA, favoring the onset of many pathologies. Oxidative Stress is a pathological condition caused by the imbalance between the formation and elimination of oxidizing species, physiologically produced by our body.
Oxidative stress increasing factors
- Exposure to sunlight: especially without sunscreen protections. UV radiation causes direct damages to our DNA; they accelerate skin aging processes causing wrinkles and stains.
- Smoking: smoking is a strongly oxidizing activity; 1 cigarette consumes 35mg of vitamin C. All smokers shoud quit, but in case they can’t, they should strongly consider to assume antioxidants.
- Alcohol abuse: consumption of alcoholic and super-alcoholic beverages increases oxidative stress. Also in this case, strongly consider to assume antioxidants every day.
- Exposure to toxic chemicals and heavy metals: those who live or work in contact with industrialchemical reagents, benzene and heavy metals should always assume antioxidants
- Intense physical activity: a high intensity sport-aerobic activity stimulates the endogenous production of reactive oxygen species. Moderate and regular exercise, on the other hand, leads to an increase in endogenous antioxidants, able to neutralize free radicals.
- Exposure to ionizing radiation: diagnostic investigations such as CT-scans or X-rays intensify oxidation phenomena.
- Unbalanced diet, low in fruit and vegetables: fruits and vegetables contain high amounts of antioxidant substances that help the body to neutralize free radicals. It is important to consume large quantities of vegetables and fruit as long as they are always in season, fresh and organic.
- Chronic metabolic disorders: diabetes, overweight, obesity and hypertension generate oxidative stress and tissue inflammation. During of inflammatory processes, macrophages and granulocytes produce numerous substances, including ROS oxidizing agents.
- Stress and frantic life: stress can raise levels of radical molecules by inducing oxidative stress.
- Drugs and antibiotics: the use of antibiotics or long-term drugs including the contraceptive pill and the hormone replacement therapy generate oxidative stress.
The Role of Antioxidants
Antioxidants inhibit the oxidation of other molecules by reducing, neutralizing and removing free radicals, preventing their formation and thus helping to repair their damages. This explains why they are called “scavengers”, in fact they are molecular scavengers.
Many studies confirm the correlation between the most common diseases of our time and the lack of antioxidants. Prolonged deficiency can cause the onset of ocular degeneration,Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, cognitive problems, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, infertility, respiratory disorders, arthritis and skin diseases.
A proper nutrition, adequate to every individual’s needs, could be sufficient to inactivate free radical species, but unfortunately, diet is often inadequate.
Borage Oil, Magnesium Oxide, L-Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Glycerol Monostearate, Betacarotene, Soy Lecithin, Calcium Pantothenate (Vit. B5), Colloidal Silicon, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vit. B6), Riboflavin (Vit. B2 ), Sodium Selenite. External coating: food gelatin; Resistance agent: glycerol; Dyes: Brown oxide iron, Iron oxide red, Iron oxide black. Contains soy and derivatives.
It is possible to associate our antioxidant supplement with other remedies that can support their action. For the following specific cases, we recommend to read the pages of the connected products:
- ALLERGY: Lapacho, Aloe Vera +C, Lactic ferments, Omega 3, Ribes nigrum glyceric extract, Vitamin C
- ARTHROSIS, ARTHRITES: Omega 3, Ampelopsis glyceric extract, Dolor, Renal, Drena, Lapacho
- SKIN BEAUTY: Borage oil softgels, Lactic ferments, Diges, Burdock mother tincture
- CONVALESCENCE, TIREDNESS: Lactic ferments, Vitamin C, Energy, Attiva, Detox
- SIGHT DEFECTS: Neuro +DHA, Blueberry mother tincture, Vitamin C
- SOLAR ERYTHEMA: Borage oil softgels, Wheat germ oil softgels, Integra 100% RDA
- NEUROPATHIES: Neuro +DHA, Energy, Borage oil softgels, Detox
- STRESS: Relax, Magnesium citrate, Tilia tomentosa glyceric extract, Lemon Balm mpther tincture, Vitamin C
- PROLONGED USE OF DRUGS: Detox, Renal, Vitamin C, Lactic Ferments, Aloe Vera +C
Take 1 softgel per day of Antiox with water before breakfast or before lunch.
Do not take Antiox in case of hypersensitivity to one or more components. In case of pregnancy, breast-feeding or in children seek advice of your family doctor.
Product size: 60 softgel jar