Glucomannan supplement to reduce hunger
Glucomannan is a polysaccharide of vegetable origin extracted from the tuber of Amorphophallus konjac. It appears as a grainy powder which, ingested before meals, has the ability to absorb a large amount of water (up to 60 times its weight) and to form a jelly that performs a number of important activities.
- acts as a barrier to the absorption of nutrients, which is why the glucomannan supplement is associated with slimming diets.
- Since it swells in the intestine, it mechanically stimulates the sense of satiety.
- regulates intestinal functions, reducing intestinal transit time.
- it incorporates digestive waste, fats and cholesterol into the gelatinous mass, which is then eliminated without being absorbed.
- it forms a mucous layer with emollient and anti-inflammatory action, which acts positively on inflamed and ulcerated mucous membranes.
When a glucomannan supplement is recommended
Glucomannan is a valid aid in low-calorie diets because, in addition to its barrier function against nutrients’ absorption, it is not assimilable and therefore does not contribute with any calorie intake to the diet. Our glucomannan supplement is a useful adjuvant also in case of diabetes, high cholesterol and to solve constipation problems in subjects who consume few fibers.
Furthermore, by accelerating the transit speed in the intestinal lumen, Glucomannan reduces contact time between toxins and the intestinal wall. Its anti-inflammatory and emollient actions make it useful against inflammatory and ulcerative colitis.
Indications and use
Warnings: Glucomannan does not present any toxicity. We recommend to respect daily doses and to take it with plenty of water. Avoid using it in case of hiatal hernia.
Ingredients: Glucomannan (Amorphophallus Konjac K. Koch) root powder 80%, food gelatin capsules.
Package content: 60 capsules of 490 mg
How to use: 2-3 capsules, 2 times a day, before main meals (with at least 2 liters of water during the day).
Average content of the characterizing ingredients for maximum daily dose of 6 capsules: Glucomannan (Amorphophallus Konjac K. Koch) 2400 mg.
Synergistic supplements for hunger
The following products are useful in case of metabolic disorders or nervous hunger. They can be associated with our glucomannan supplement without contraindications, excluding specific personal sensitivities to one of their ingredients.